Why are you even wasting your time reading this list when you could be doing what you should be doing?! …You’re pathetic!!! …Just Kidding 🙂
- Set realistic goals/plan.
- Make a friend keep you on track by telling you to work.
- Set events/alarms to complete a section of the project.
- Often the hardest part of conquering procrastination is getting started. So, if you get started and complete a good portion of your project it’s much easier to finish it sooner rather than later. A good way to get started is to start the assignment right after it is assigned. This is because you are most motivated at that time to complete it.
- Eliminate distractions at your workplace. I recommend working at a library, it worked wonders for me.
- Use alarms to make you work for an hour and then take a ten-minute break. Rinse and repeat.
- Motivate yourself to complete it here.
- Stay away from your favorite jams. These can be huge distractions. Instead, listen to classical. Sounds rough, but it is soothing.
- NEVER EVER SAY “I will do it after this…” ALWAYS SAY “I will do it now, and then do this…
- Reward yourself after working for a while.
Procrastination sucks. But it’s actually a distraction monkey in your brain taking the wheel from your analytical side. Say no to the monkey when you get side tracked. Here’s how. Ted Talk.
*It took me three weeks to complete this*
PS: I got the idea to write this here.